Thursday, December 9, 2010

Myspace Group Participation

I set up all the group meetings and sent out reminders for the meetings to all the group members. For the first group meeting, I sent out some general starter questions to encourage everyone to come up with ideas about what issues/ideas they wanted to bring to the presentation. During our first meeting, we had gravitated to the idea of doing a survey of some sort... but we were still indecisive. I thought of the idea to have a class game (family feud style) to get the class involved, instead of the usual open discussion. Then I figured we could incorporate the survey idea and the game as a way to get the class involved in our presentation. I asked the other members for their opinions; they liked the idea of doing a game. Then I outlined the format of our presentation to consist of four topics. Within each topic, we would have a main concept that related Myspace/social networks to the concepts we have been addressing in class, give reference to the text, then have a game question to wrap up each discussion topic. I came up with the relation to social networks, textual reference, and game question for the discussion topics of social interaction, postmodern culture, and consumption. I made the survey and emailed it to the other team members so they could have at least 20 of their peers complete it, and I had our class mates do the survey one class meeting prior to our presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment